What OTIVO is
QA and Usability Testing and Research
We’ve been researching and testing mobile apps and web applications for usability, bugs, and functionality since 1997 for a variety of companies.
- We love and use many different smartphones and tablets and apps
- Our original experience was with Web sites/apps and then WAP sites for mobile
- Now more than half of our projects are focused on smartphone and tablet apps and hardware and gadgets
- Detail-oriented bug finding, user interviews, usability research
- Credible testing, researching, reviewing, interviewing expertise
- Cost effective solutions for finding issues and bugs before your users and customers find them
OTIVO can help you discover what works and what doesn’t work and discover people’s opinions —and sometimes pinpoint why.
We do different types of usability testing and research depending on the project’s objectives and goals. We often do card sorting as a part of an interview. We do individual interviews as well as conduct small and medium sized group discussions. We test mobile apps, branding, designs, prototypes, navigation, nomenclature, look and feel, tasks, timing, perception, satisfaction, competitor comparisons, but most of all we watch and listen. Paraphrasing the fictional character Dr. Faye Miller, a research consultant, from Mad Men, “That’s our job – you’d be surprised what people will say to an interested stranger.”
For example, here is a screenshot of what the video looks like when we test a smartphone app: